What We Believe
- We believe Jesus Christ is our Gate to the realm of God.
- We recognize the faithfulness of other people who have other names for the gateway to God's realm.
- We understand our sharing of bread and wine in Jesus' name to be a representation of God's feast for all peoples.
- We invite and accept all sorts and conditions of people to join in our worship and in our common life as full partners, without imposing on them the necessity of becoming like us.
- We think that the way we treat one another is more important than the way in which we express our beliefs.
- We find more grace in the search for meaning than in absolute certainty; in the questions than in the answers.
- We see ourselves as a spiritual community in which to discover the resources required for our work in the world; striving for justice and peace among all people and bringing hope to those whom Jesus called the least of his sisters and brothers.
- We recognize that our faith entails costly discipleship, renunciation of privilege, and conscientious resistance to evil - as has always been the tradition of the church.